Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 107 - Spring Cleaning

This morning I dropped Laila and Jai off at school and made my way home to relax and kick my feet up...I wish!  No, actually this morning and early afternoon I scrubbed, vacuumed, wiped, folded, dusted, watered, and finished up with some heavy lifting.  It has been a very long time since I spent so consolidated time cleaning and it was so nice, I was able to completely focus on each room without distraction.  The house looks so nice and I feel so good just knowing that every room is perfectly clean...well at least for the moment!

My garden has started to produce!  I have harvested a few radishes, which Laila loves, and some broccoli.  My mom bought Laila, "The Story of Peter Rabbit" and on the third page Peter slips into Mr. McGregor's garden to eat some of his garden.  The pictures displayo radishes and lettuce and I was so proud when Laila could tell me what veggies were pictured!  Just the day before she had helped some radishes.  We cleaned them and tasted the fruit of our labor!  We both liked them! My baby girl is so smart!

Laila displaying our newly harvested radish!
 

Jai Jai wearing his pretty and holding my small radish!

  My row of radishes, the ladybugs love them!


XOXO Heidi



No comments: