Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 135 - Curiosity

The child's mind is so interesting.  It seems just like when everything is going so smoothly they go and get curious about how this or that will work.  Lately Laila has been taking her stool into the bathroom shutting the door and doing her business all by herself.  She has even gotten good about putting her panties and shorts back on without any problems.  But yesterday she didn't make it in time to the potty and had an accident on the bathroom floor.  She gets so upset when she has an accident but I just remind her that accidents happen and we can easily clean her up.

So this morning she walks her cute little butt into the bathroom and I just assume it is business as usual.  That is where I went wrong!  She comes out and tell me that she had an accident.  But unlike every other time, she is not upset at all.  After taking a closer look she managed to go #2 in the potty but #1 was on the bathroom floor.  Thoroughly confused I start asking questions and it becomes clear that Laila took care of the #2, but when it came time for #1, I guess, she wanted to see what it was like to squat and potty on the floor.  I was quite impressed that she managed to squat and not get her pants wet at all!  That's my girl!  That talent will pay off in the future.

Why she chose this morning to try this, I don't know.  Still confused I asked her to show me how she managed to potty on the floor and she just squatted perfectly!  It was priceless. 




Happy Sunday!

XOXO Heidi

No comments: