Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 138 - Never Say Never

I have been telling Manik for about a year that I want a tattoo.  Of course I can't ever decide what I want, I change my mind so often so I am scared about getting something and then not liking it.  Every time I would tell Manik I want one he would tell me they are stupid and he would NEVER get one.  I would say, let's just go, you and me and just get something...spur of the moment...do something crazy.  Nope, wouldn't go for it.  So you can imagine my surprise when Bharat came to visit a month or two ago and they got to talking and decided to get a tattoo.  I wasn't sure how serious Manik was but he seemed like he was definitely warming to the idea.  Manik and Bharat's grandpa had an Om symbol on his arm and they they decided they would both get that symbol.  They ended up not getting it at that time, but recently Manik made his way to San Francisco to see his brother, shortly after Manik arrived they got similar tattoos.  I think it is so special that they are able to share such a meaningful symbol on each of their arms.

The boys got a tattoo that is a combination of the Om symbol and Lord Ganesh (the remover of obstacles).




I think the tattoo artist did a wonderful job!  Now, if only I could decide what tattoo I want! 

The lesson of the story...never say never!

XOXO Heidi

No comments: