Friday, July 22, 2011

Day 202 - Good times in OKC

The past two evening's I have gone out with friends from my old life.  I miss my Chesapeake gang so much!  Wednesday night I had sushi with my good friend Amber, she is an amazing person who faces life and all its hardhships with a brave face.  I have learned a great deal from her and I am proud to call her my friend.  


Then last night I went to dinner with the girls who have taken over my role since I left CHK.  It feels so good to hear stories of the day to day sagas of my old job.  It makes me miss it so much, I miss the camaraderie but not the workplace politics...and then I think about my job now and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  We had a wonderful dinner and then went on to play shuffleboard at a bar nearby.  My competitive side came out in full force!  I love shuffleboard!  I have not partied like that in ages and I paid for it dearly today. 



This morning Laila went with me to get my hair colored and get a trim herself.  She was soooo good at the salon, she just sat on her stool and ate her snacks and chatted with us.  She is my sweet darling girl!  How did I get soo lucky!



XOXO
Heidi

No comments: