Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 159 - True Love

Tonight I was asking Manik for ideas for tonight's blog, his response was to write about how much I love him so...here goes!  Well I guess it actually our love story instead...

Manik and I met for the first time in 2002 when I came to St. Louis to visit my brother and work in one of his Papa John's stores for their Customer Appreciation Day (CAD).  On CAD's the store is super busy and a fun place to be.  Manik was the manager at the time and had a great staff.  I on the other hand was not much help.  A bunch of us had gone out the night before and I was very hungover.  I had the hardest time remembering Manik's name and pretty sure I said it wrong a few times.  Despite rough start, our friendship began that day.

Years later I moved to St. Louis after college.  My memories of my time in St.Louis are some of my favorite. I had an amazing group of friends and we had a blast enjoying all of the cities best restaurants and hitting up all the funnest bars.  Manik was always apart of our group but we just regarded each other as a friend.  I think back on those times and I remember being at so many bars late in the night and everyone around us dancing and Manik I would be some table deep in conversation oblivious to all that was going on around us.  It seemed like we never ran out of things to talk about! When Manik and I first started dating I remember telling our good friend Brian Donatel and his response was "Well it is about time, Manik has been in love with you forever!"  I smile every time I think back on that day.

My last and favorite memory of when I knew Manik was special and this is it...
At the time I lived with my brother Jason.  It was a Friday or Saturday night and I was getting ready to go out and I kept thinking, I need to call Manik and tell him what were doing that night.  Although I kept meaning to call him I actually never got around to it. Manik had recently bought a house that was closer to his son and had been spending more weekends with his son so we had not seen him for awhile.  Well I had just finished getting ready and was walking downstairs to see if Jason was ready and just as I turned the corner there was Manik walking in the front door.  I was sooooo happy to see him and I couldn't believe the timing.  I gave him the biggest hug.  I don't remember where we went or what we did that night but I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw him walk in that door.  I am so thankful that he keeps walking in my front door!



P.S. Thank for blessing me with my little Indians!


Love you honey!



XOXO
Heidi



No comments: