Saturday, June 18, 2011

Day 168 - Eggplant and Zuchhini

I have learned a great deal this summer when it comes to gardening.  It seems like just when everything is going great disaster hits!  The good news is my eggplant is coming along nicely!  So far it looks like I have three growing but I see more pods so it won't be long until there are several!

Aren't they soooo cute!!

As for the bad news, I had been seeing a big brown bug on my zucchini and squash but I couldn't see any damage they were doing so I just ignored them.  Turns out I should have taken a moment and looked up online to see what they were.  Turns out they are called Squash Bugs and they are ruining my garden!  I spent about an hour spraying and plucking them off.  Hopefully my plants can rebound.  All of my other plants are doing well so hopefully I have headed off disaster! 

Happy Early Fathers Day!

XOXO
Heidi

No comments: