Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 60 - Big Emotion

Since arriving home Laila has been an emotional wreck.  I am so glad I decided not to take her to school today, I don't think she would have been able to handle it.  When I got pregnant with Laila I subscribed to a website called BabyCenter.  Every week they send an email on the kids development and what I/they are most likely experiencing right now.  When Laila turned two I received the weekly update and boy were they right on... it began like this.

Handling Big Emotion
"A child this age wears her heart on her sleeve — and in her voice, her fists, her stamping feet, and her crocodile tears.

This morning every request, comment, demand or want was said through tears or close to them.  I try my best to patient with her but sometimes it gets to the point where I have to be firm and put my foot down.  I feel like there is a better way I can be handling this but am not sure what it is.  If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

I just wish I could see this all day long, but then that wouldn't be my baby!




On a brighter note the weather was wonderful today and we made a trip to the park.  Laila and Jai loved going down the slides and watching the other kids. 


XOXO Heidi

No comments: